All D-Day Websites: Main Site | Forums | Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Official Rules!!!

1. Join Date
    Nov 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    I can guarantee that Rangers will be in the DZ. For that matter, any Ranger that doesn't get to the DZ isn't playing hard enough and needs to get back to the front and in the fight.

Taylor- not only will 5th BN(and the others) be getting them down pat, but anyone not following them will be GLAD to have them stapled to their back/forehead instead of where they will end up if Grifter has a say.
    mabey if there is no death in your unit then youre just that good to dodge all the incoming paint and lob all your paint right into them

2. Join Date
    Nov 2012

2013 D-DAY will be my first time, and i look forward to it

3. Join Date
    May 2010

Do we have an estimate on when the newest rules for 2013 will be provided. It is coming up on March, and some are waiting to see what is new and exciting this year before registering, having them set in stone will also help us recruit more people.
    Thomas "hokori" Goings
    2008 - 2013 - 914th
    2014 - MIA

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010

yay! i love clicking on blue letters!
    ITS ALL ABOUT THE HONOR OF OUR SOLDIERS(HEROES)
    2010-2016 = 899th Tank Destroyer Battalion
    Recruiting/Personnel Officer, Captain.

5. Join Date
    May 2010

Hate to harp, well only a little , but is there any word on when we can expect, even a rough draft, of the rules for 2013?
    Thomas "hokori" Goings
    2008 - 2013 - 914th
    2014 - MIA

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Coming to a theatre near you soon?
    899th Black Cats
    Battalion Logistics Officer

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009

As much as this is pure conjecture on my part, I would expect the player-level rules to change very little, if at all, for 2013. I expect the major changes to occur at the scoring and game flow level of the game. Again, this is just my own personal hypothesis.
    Brigadier General Posey
    Team Toddler

"Please suh, don't throw me in that briar patch!"

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011

^^^THIS.

I have a very strong suspicion that this is correct. Based on certain conversations I have had with the staff.
    -REV / Jon Nakata
    Team Dominium Paintball
    Colonel, 1st Infantry Division Executive Officer -2013, 2014
    1st Infantry Division Captain, Division S-9, Dog Company Commander 2012,

http://big-red-1.forumotion.com/

9. Join Date
    May 2010

I have said much the same. It doesn't change the fact that 3 months away, we still have no idea if we are correct or not. Believe it or not, depending on what is said in those rules, it can change a lot in the way units recruit, plus what they heck is going on. 9 months in...

Also, seeing the rules created in the dark tends to bread issues because enough eyes haven't seen them to ask questions and make the guys go...oh yeah...we need to cover that.
    Thomas "hokori" Goings
    2008 - 2013 - 914th
    2014 - MIA

global is offline Global Warped Tour Promoter/ D-DAY Director global has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Coming to a theatre near you soon?
    Love that...
    Be Warped Be Happy Be Global Warped

global is offline Global Warped Tour Promoter/ D-DAY Director global has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Posey899 View Post
    As much as this is pure conjecture on my part, I would expect the player-level rules to change very little, if at all, for 2013. I expect the major changes to occur at the scoring and game flow level of the game. Again, this is just my own personal hypothesis.
    Close....

The rules that you are waiting on will not cover the things that you think they will so let's clarify some things...

1. Rules tell you how to act, what to wear, what you can and can't have or do...
    2. Rules do not tell you how the game is going to be played as in the past and that is what you are all waiting for and ( NOT GETTING THAT).
    2. The Rules will be out this month and you will be sad but well informed about Paintball Playing rules at D.D.A.P.

What you will get much closer to the EVENT is the Scenario and playing area synopsis and I will at least give you this....

1. The primary game that you all know and love as far as where you have historically played at least for game on.....IS THE SAME!
    2. POINTS...CAPS...AND MOVEMENT IS NOT EVEN CLOSE!

I just want to add that the addition of Audible Play is Unique and we will release that to command very soon as to how that will work and how it Effects the game.
    I will add that A.P. is totally random with the exception of time and when I mean random it is random to my game coordinator and staff as well. The staff becomes part of the game A.P. is 100% random as well as the point value.
    the way that we are going to accomplish this will be provided to command very soon. Command Packs will be provided at Orientation for those that get them and the war begins...

As for recruiting you simply need bodies! I can assure you that each unit needs bodies....The command will be able to use them more openly...

The numbers from the past were put in to mimic the events of a Historical War...
    We are playing a Paintball Scenario that can and will be won or lost on our field...
    If you are out numbered it will be your own fault....

The line in the sand has been drawn...it's up to you and your leaders to protect your side of the Box...

As it has been said so elegantly before..........

SEE YOU IN THE MIDDLE! KINDA what it's all about don't you think!

Global

13. Join Date
    Mar 2011

Quote Originally Posted by global View Post
    you will be sad but well informed about Paintball Playing rules at D.D.A.P.
    Wait, sad? I don't want to be sad!

14. Join Date
    May 2010

The rules that you are waiting on will not cover the things that you think they will so let's clarify some things...

1. Rules tell you how to act, what to wear, what you can and can't have or do...
    2. Rules do not tell you how the game is going to be played as in the past and that is what you are all waiting for and ( NOT GETTING THAT).
    2. The Rules will be out this month and you will be sad but well informed about Paintball Playing rules at D.D.A.P.

What you will get much closer to the EVENT is the Scenario and playing area synopsis and I will at least give you this....

1. The primary game that you all know and love as far as where you have historically played at least for game on.....IS THE SAME!
    2. POINTS...CAPS...AND MOVEMENT IS NOT EVEN CLOSE!

I just want to add that the addition of Audible Play is Unique and we will release that to command very soon as to how that will work and how it Effects the game.
    I will add that A.P. is totally random with the exception of time and when I mean random it is random to my game coordinator and staff as well. The staff becomes part of the game A.P. is 100% random as well as the point value.
    the way that we are going to accomplish this will be provided to command very soon. Command Packs will be provided at Orientation for those that get them and the war begins...

As for recruiting you simply need bodies! I can assure you that each unit needs bodies....The command will be able to use them more openly...

The numbers from the past were put in to mimic the events of a Historical War...
    We are playing a Paintball Scenario that can and will be won or lost on our field...
    If you are out numbered it will be your own fault....

The line in the sand has been drawn...it's up to you and your leaders to protect your side of the Box...

As it has been said so elegantly before..........

SEE YOU IN THE MIDDLE! KINDA what it's all about don't you think!

Global
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I say Awesome!
    Thomas "hokori" Goings
    2008 - 2013 - 914th
    2014 - MIA

15. Join Date
    Jan 2012

If you are out numbered it will be your own fault..
    Yessss, this is what I have been waiting for! haha
    RAW Dawgs Paintball Team
    Idaho Overkill Paintball Team
    XO of 914th GIR
    "Mess with the best, get marked like the rest."

+ Reply to Thread