All D-Day Websites: Main Site | Forums | Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Join The 1st ID Today and Be a part of the Omaha Beach party!!!!!!

1. Join Date
    Feb 2009

Join The 1st ID Today and Be a part of the Omaha Beach party!!!!!!

To those who may not know me, I am General Stretch.

I would like to welcome you on your first step to joining the 1st infantry division and entering into an event that is, by far, larger than the sum of its parts and just like the game itself the people in the 1st ID are much more than just a group of individuals, we are a extended family of paintball players that have 2 common objectives. First and foremost we play paintball to have fun and have fun playing together whether it is in a mini game or in a company challenge. Second we band together to assault the hardest objective Oklahoma D-Day has to offer, Omaha Beach.

Do you crave a challenge?
    Omaha Beach will test you.

Do you want to end the day knowing you had the chance to make a difference in a game of 2000 players?
    Omaha Beach gives you that chance.

Do you want to know that when you get back home that you took on the biggest paintball challenge available in the United States
    Omaha Beach is that challenge.

We are The 1ST ID.

We are The Big Red One.

We are The Fighting First.

We are a family.

Any team size, any skill level, and any age from 10 to 70

We have family teams as young as 10 years old actively playing alongside their parents and grandparents. So bring a parent, grandparent, a sister, a daughter, cousins, your best friends, classmates, team mates you name it just bring them and have a blast.

I have been having a blast for 9 years. This is year ten and I am looking forward to it just as much as I have the years before.

If you are a returning BRO member, I canít wait to see you again. If this is going to be your first year with then I can not wait to meet you for the first time.
    Kedrinh "Stretch" Helms
    2013 to current 1ST ID -CO
    2012 - 1st ID - XO
    2011 - 1st ID - CO 1st Battalion
    http://big-red-1.forumotion.com/
    1st ID we are mobile, agile, and hostile!!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009

That hill at Omaha Beach is no joke. It is, by FAR, the greatest challenge (physically, mentally and emotionally) in paintball. If you had to do it by yourself, you'd quit after the third or fourth attempt. I know I would. BUT... you do it with 200 of your close friends and family, and it takes on a new meaning. We wear "Omaha Pride" on our shirts, not because we're arrogant or smack-talking, but because we are brothers and sisters who's blood (literally for some of us), sweat and tears forged a true family.

Spending Oklahoma D-Day fighting with the 1st Infantry Division is the best paintball experience you will ever have, bar none. Truth be told, many of us would come even if there wasn't a paintball game, because we rock the fun no matter what we're doing, but the fact that we can spend the most intense week of paintball with our closest friends and family makes the experience something extremely special. Really, folks, you just can't recreate it.

There's something for everyone in the 1st ID. Come for the paintball. Stay for the family.
    2012 - 2014, Able Company Commander, 1st Infantry Division
    2010 - 2011, 2nd Platoon Ldr., Charlie Company, 1st Infantry Division
    2009, OSS Radio Operator, Allied Command TOC
    2004, 2nd Platoon Squad Leader, 82nd Airborne Pathfinders

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009

And here is some of the fun things we do in the 1st ID

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBSML96PRU8
    Kedrinh "Stretch" Helms
    2012 - 1st ID - XO

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013

That is just a very small part of the fun! Stretch has all kinds of fun stuff planed for this year. The company challenges last year were a blast! And the one that has been reviled already is a twist on one of them from last year and is promising to be a blast!! As for the "pie of respect" the voting has already went viral within the unit and even leaked outside a little to another unit...this group of guys is just flat out fun!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014

Hey brother , myself and 3 other buddies are planning on attending d-day 2014 and in looking over the recruiting post are interested in joining the 1st ID. From what I've read it seems to be the coolest unit you get to ride the landing craft, storm the beach and then go help out where needed. If I read correctly. My question is we are all firefighter / paramedics that are new to paintball and will be our 1st big game, is that ok to join 1st ID? If so please let me know and we will sign up. I look forward to hearing back from you and any tips or suggestions to make our D-day experience a great one. Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013

Well. Considering the 1st ID is full of a bunch of guys and gals that are about as open minded and easy going as they come first timers are defiantly welcome. I'm just a nobody when it comes to rank but I can say this. If you are joining the 1st for a great time. Your choice is a great one and welcome to the insanity!! Stretch is on these forms all the time and will soon welcome you with open arms!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009

TDV532, Yes it is better than OK for you and your group to join THE BIG RED ONE.......AKA The 1st ID. We will put you all into the paintball fight of your dreams. If you have any more questions post 'em up here or go over to our forum. The address for that is at the bottom of Gen. Stretch's post above. It should be getting more and more active as the game gets closer. Welcome to The 1st.
    Command Sergeant Major
    THE BIG RED ONE
    MOBILE AGILE HOSTILE GET SOME!!!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014

Ok guys we're registered for DDay 2014 and signed up with 1st ID, our guys are getting geared up and were wondering about radios. Do we need them and if so what kind so we are compatable with the group. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009

Welcome TDV532 I am extremely happy to welcome you and your friends to the 1st ID. As Woodstock and Spike have already stated, we will take good care of you and your group and a great paintball fight. I will be posting information on Radio suggestions on our forums soon. Please feel free to post any questions here or on our 1st ID forum. Cant wait to meet you and your crew at the park.
    Kedrinh "Stretch" Helms
    2012 - 1st ID - XO

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013

Bump Bump....just because we are the 1st ID and we should be in the 1st spot on the form!!!
    BID RED ONE!!

11. Join Date
    Apr 2013

Welcome to the 1st ID TDV532. Look forward hearing from you on the 1st ID forum.

1st ID/Charlie Co
    Fortiter et Fideliter

12. Join Date
    Jan 2009

If you are gonna go Allied then this is the Unit to join. It's not just a Unit it's a Family. These Cats are just as insane as me. I have so much respect for them I won't fire a shot in anger at them during their Beach Assult. Once they get up top all bets are off.

you can't do better than 1st ID! MAH!!!!!
    Smurf Hunter
    Psycho's Swiss Army
    We can Change this Game Forever!
    Certifiably Insane! I have The Diagnosis to Prove it.

13. Join Date
    May 2014

Hey guys! I just signed up here on the forums! I'm signed up to play with the First ID along with one of my close friends!! Totally looking forward to it! Any recommended supplies to bring?

14. Join Date
    May 2014

The biggest thing I can think of is a camel back. It makes it much easier to hydrate with a mask on.

15. Join Date
    May 2014

Yea we have already gotten those. We just want a general supply list that is all.

+ Reply to Thread